Friday, April 19, 2013

Chevron {Spring} Wreath Tutorial

Pin It
Can you tell I'm on a chevron kick right now?  I just finished this chevron vase for my Master Bedroom.





Now, it's time to show you how to dress up your front door for spring!










 Supplies

Wreath (I got an 18" one)
1/2 yard Chevron Fabric (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)
 Straight pins
Corsage Pins
Felt (I used 1/3 yard)
Scissors




Directions

Cut your fabric into strips.  I cut mine 3 inches wide X the width of the fabric.  I used 9 strips.



I got duck cloth, because I love the rough, linen-y texture.





Next, let's cut out all the felt circles you will need.  I cut out about 50-60 3 inch circles.  Use a cup to trace around.




Time to assemble the wreath! Use a straight pin to pin your first piece of cloth to your blank wreath.






Keep wrapping your fabric around your wreath until the whole thing is covered!


Next up, let's make that gorgeous, ruffly felt stuff on the side.  
It's easier than it looks!




Start with one felt circle, and fold it in half.


Fold that circle in half again.




Your "petal" will look like this from the top:




Take the same straight pins you used when pinning on your fabric, and put one through the bottom of your petal, like this:




Pin it to your wreath.  Repeat this for ALL the circles.  
There is no set way of how close or far apart to put your "petals". 
 I pinned mine fairly close together to get more of a ruffly look.



Now, to dress it up a little, and to break up all that felt going on, randomly stick in some corsage pins.  I got the kind with a big pearl on top.  I like it fancy!



 



Your wreath should be looking like this:




LOVE IT!








8 comments:

  1. This wreath is precious! I love the fancy pins too. ;) I have made a couple of wreaths recently for the first time. It's fun. I'd love for you to visit my blog and check them out. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I am obsessed with chevron, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo pretty.. yellow and gray are one of my favorite color combos! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party~
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! I'm in love with yellow and grey these days!! And chevron, of course!! Thanks for sharing! I came over from Keeping it Simple

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty & I love the choice of material & pretty pins. Thanks for sharing & linking up this week! Hope to see you again @ the party or anytime @ DearCreatives.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for linking up to Made With Love at Sew Chatty! I'm featuring you this week! Have a happy day! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com/2013/05/made-with-love-link-party.html

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a sucker for door candy and you chose one of my favorite color combos. Love it. So on trend. Thanks for sharing.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost just bought one, and then though, wait, I can do this. Pinterest is amazing, thanks for the instructions. Heading out to AC Moore right now :)

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY comment! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and stop by my blog!