Friday, July 26, 2013

Gallery Photo Wall

Pin It
There's nothing I love more than a good gallery wall!



When we moved, we had a TON of frames.  This is no exaggeration.  I had at least 100!

So, I did what any good DIYer would do.  I pulled out the spray paint......






All these frames were various colors-black, brown, oak.  That all changed with a little white spray paint.



My favorite frames, for sure, are the swirly ones.



I found a whole rack of swirly awesomeness there!



I also love love this little round frame I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  


It was originally white, but I needed it to break up all the white I had going on.  So, I went on the hunt for the *perfect* yellow.  Oh, I found it.  It's called Hubbell House Yellow by Valspar.

Not too bright and sun-shiney, and not too mustard.  A great in between.



Here it is in action:



The oval open frame I had.  I just removed the glass and backing.  The square one, and the yellow flower, is from Hobby Lobby.








The best tip I can give you when creating a gallery wall, is to cut out pieces of paper the size of your frames, and tape that up first.  Like this:





I forgot to take a picture of this step, but this saved me a lot of time!  It's so much easier to move around pieces of paper.  Also, you aren't making a million holes in your wall to figure out where the frames should go!




I love seeing our fun memories as I go up and down the steps each day.  Every home needs a gallery wall!



22 comments:

  1. looks fantastic Sarah! Do love the pops of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gallery wall! I love the pops of yellow. I would love it if you would link this up to my link party that is going on right now.

    http://www.ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gallery is adorable! I would have never thought of the tip to use paper first to mark their spots! Pinning for sure, stopping by from I heart naptime's party!
    Beth @ The First Year Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I totally agree with the tip to use paper to layout your template. My other tip is to use Command Strips to save your wall from nail holes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exactly what I've been looking for for my own staircase! I love that it's not only photos and has some fun pops of color :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great, and I love the pop of color. Did you do anything special to get them up higher while standing on the stairs? Maybe it looks high in the picture. I'm always curious how people go about using ladders and such on stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your gallery photo, the yellow has become one of my favourite colors this summer and your yellow touches they pop up; so pretty and fun! :-)
    visiting from Rita's Suburbsmama link party!
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah, I love how your gallery wall looks. I wish I had a staircase to showcase some of ours. I might try this in a part of our hallway though after seeing how great yours turned out. Thanks ford sharing @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is stunning! And so perfectly spaced. Can you come do mine now? :-) Thanks for sharing at All Things Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! I love the colors... Thanks so much for coming to share it at Super Saturday Show & Tell last week... You've been featured! http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com Come grab a button and share again too :) xoxo~ Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous gallery wall! I love the pops of yellow. Thank you so much for linking up to Suburbsmama. Hope to see more from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh I just had to pop over from Suburbs Mama so I could pin this! It is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing! I love the yellow pops!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks wonderful, so creative and so delightful to have all those family pics
    there where you can see them all the time. and all because of some white spray paint and a lot of creativity and sweat equity.......well done............
    and the yellow was a great added touch. Great idea about too about taping up the
    sizes in paper.
    Thanks for sharing this,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is the PERFECT yellow! I love your photo gallery wall... It looks amazing! Fabulous job:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love gallery walls and this one is so pretty. I adore the touches of yellow. Thanks for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your frames, they look great. I'm in the process of searching out frames at garage sales and second hand shops to build my own photo wall. Unfortunately I've noticed a lot of people charge huge prices for frames.. even yucky old ones. I shall have to just keep searching!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply darling and what a great use for all that wall space!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore this idea! Photos are so important in our house but tend to use just normal frames. This idea makes so much more of a statement, and I have just the place on our stairs as you do!

    Thanks for sharing, very happy to have found your blog!

    Rhi @ Project Organised Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  20. adorable!! I love the spacing and colors and everything! You've been featured from the Tasteful Tuesday party at Nap-Time Creations! Stop by and check out all the home decor features. I'd love for you to grab a featured button or share on your favorite social media! :o) Thanks and Happy Weekend. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks so wonderful ! I love all the swirly frames! Need to do something on the wall going up our stairs!!

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY comment! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and stop by my blog!